Do you ever wish you knew something sooner?
These pages are stuffed with the things I wish I could impart to the younger version of myself:
â€œIf I were youâ€ (and I am) I would realize thisÂ and do that and avoid this other thing altogether. I write about the topics that fill in those blanks. I share other nourishing tidbits in between and on special occasions I give away fun stuff.
I write with my former self in mind â€” but she can’t hear me without a time machine. So I’ll scribble it down here where you can gather it up and use it as you see fit. Perhaps it’ll be a warm reminder of the things you’ve already learned along the way. I look forward to hearing about your challenges and your journey.
Who am I?
I’m Susan, and my forty-something hands are always elbow-deep in creative pursuits. I am an entrepreneur, interactive art director, writer and a photographer inÂ sunny California. I’m neat and organized on the inside and messy on the outside.
My passion is â€œdissecting intangibles.â€ Iâ€™m fascinated by how we tick. What we feel. How we get along. Why we donâ€™t. What weâ€™re doing right and what we can do better. How we try to control and what to let go. What love really is and what it isnâ€™t. A lot of it boils down to knowingÂ what matters and what doesnâ€™t. Every day is a new opportunity to create the masterpiece that is your life.
My passion is creating a world where we allÂ thrive earlier.
Whatâ€™s on the Menu?
Come along and letâ€™s:
- Foster generosity, integrity,Â authenticity, vulnerability and transparency
- Examine our patterns, deep beliefs and emotional responses
- Develop a great relationship with our bodies
- Shed insecurity, baggage and superficiality
- Confront manipulation, drama and victimhood
- Mentor ourselves through big changes
- Discover where our joy lives
- Be dazzling in our relationships, work and life
- Create less shoulds and more coulds
- Turn intentions into accomplishments
- Accept â€œwhat isâ€
- Cultivate presence
- Encourage, inspire and create
- Change our world
The site is organized by how we grow: FirstÂ Understand something deeply, thenÂ Be different, Connect with others, Accomplish new things and develop the resources and routines forÂ Progress. Along the way we Find inspiration that moves us.
As an appetizer, hereâ€™s few samples of my topics (and some typical formats):
- Confessions of a Former Couch Potato (motivation)
- You Will Never Be Beautiful Enough (essay)
- The Benefits of Open Hands (aÂ focusing mantra)
- The Meaning of Everything (essay)
- How to Jump Into Your Dream (how-to, step-by-step with resource links)
- Take Yourself to Dinner (In Another Country) (encouragement)
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form